Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Doodles and Jafax and Loneliness!

Phewww I have been a busy bee. I am getting my prints and shrinky dink keychains ready to sell at JAFAX and it is getting so close, it's scary. I have also been applying for jobs left and right with no results yet! Well, I have my fingers crossed for a few awesome places so I hope it is working out. Here are a few things I've been drawing lately since I haven't posted in a while:



This is a print I just started of Hatsune Miku from the Vocaloid software. I am suspecting this will be my most popular print. I have never drawn her before but I love all the Vocaloid characters and I love all of the turquoise since it's a color I never use.

This is just a doodle I drew at Borics while my manlove was getting his hair cut. I ripped the pose off of a model in a poster while I was there. Anyway, I like how it turned out, and my boyfriend's hair looked really good too.

This is a robo-cyborg-gynoid girl inspired by Hajime Sorayama. I am going to go over this in prisma colored pencils and make this my table fee art for Jafax. Hajime Sorayama doesn't draw anime so I don't know how much it'll be appreciated, but I love his art and the theme for Jafax this year is mecha/robots so it is related kind of.

Finally this is a super fail drawing of Rei Ayanami with no reference. It looks like... her neck is broken and she is trying to walk. Blargh but I still like it even though I hate it. Fickle!

Anyway, what else is new? I am totes magotes obsessed with Glee right now, I can't get enough of it. I am not feeling very smart of clever or good at writing right now, otherwise I would describe in detail what it is I love about the show so much.

I am dying to meet new people. Sometimes when I am playing The Sims at home alone, my Sim (who is also kind of lonely because she is raising five children) will have a desire to "Meet Someone New" and that is how I feel in real life. I also want to hang out with people I know. I feel like I never have time. When I come to Holland, it's usually just to hang out with my parents or Case's parents and we don't get to do anything actually fun. We went swimming last time and I ran into Tia (check out her cool blog here) and I never got a chance to hang out with her while I was in town which was a major bummer! Anyway, living in Grand Rapids is getting me down, and one of my GR BFFs and roomie is moving to Texas for a month so I am just feeling lonesome for friends. OH WELL.

I gotta draw more more more.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I really like that last drawing, even though you love/hate it. She looks so sassy!

    Thanks for the reference to my blog. :3 It was good to see you even though we only got to talk for about five minutes at the pool. I have been feeling really lonely too, wanting to meet new people, etc. D: I thought it was just me but you feel the same way, aw.

    Hey, I might be in Grand Rapids for a swing dancing (G.R.O.S.S.) this Tuesday. There will be a live band! 7pm, you should come to watch. :D

    ReplyDelete