Friday, May 28, 2010

Anime

When I was in high school, I only drew anime. All day and night, anime, anime, anime. I was like super die-hard and I thought anime was so intelligent and the pinnacle of animation and just the coolest thing in the world.
Now I am 22 and do not draw anime, I don't watch it anymore, and going back and trying to draw it is so hard!
So why did I draw this...
Well, every year I go to JAFAX, a free anime con at GVSU, and this year I got a table at the artist alley. That means I get to sell some prints, do some commissions and make a quick buck (hopefully).
I know everybody there is an anime fan, so I thought I would brush up on my anime skills just in case nobody liked my non-anime drawings. This drawing is actually payment for my table. I guess they collect a piece from all of the artists in the artist alley and have some sort of silent auction or give them away as prizes or something.
I am not liking the colors I chose out and want to re-do it but using markers is so time consuming.
I am hoping I can do some marker or colored pencil commissions while I am at Jafax and the time it took me to do this is kind of giving me an estimate of about how much I should be charging. This actually took me a long time and I am not sure how I feel about the way it turned out.
Anyway, hopefully I will turn a profit this year and have a great time living in nostalgia like I do every year.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Jafax. I feel like I'm in middle school again whenever I go. I love it, even if anime is not the center of my life anymore. It's a good time and I love the antics, but not as much of the L and Naruto cosplayers I see running, causing chaos.
    I WILL BUY A PRINT AGAIN THIS YEAR.

    ReplyDelete