Sunday, November 7, 2010

Big, Long, Old Art Dump

I was hanging out in bed, when suddenly my long forgotten Photobucket account password exploded into my memory.
After I logged in I discovered all sorts of ancient art goodies that I had forgotten about, including everything I ever did for Kuzuricon.
Now, most of this stuff is only a couple years old but it makes me cringe. The majority of it is from my style shift away from anime so that might help explain how awkward these pics look.

Let's start with Kuzuricon circa 2008:

Photobucket
This is the logo mockup I did for Kcon. I don't normally toot my own horn, but I feel that is pretty slick.


PhotobucketRingo and KuzuRingo CosplayPhotobucketPhotobucket
These are Ringo (the girl) and Kuzu (the wolverine), the first mascots I made. Baw, I still really like these. Even that really awkward last one with the extra long digimon limbs.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This is the second pair of mascots, Erin and Ana. Erin was supposed to be a badass gunslinger and Ana was supposed to be supaa kawaii nya~. Their outfits were supposed to change depending on what area of the site they were used on, like for Erin on the left, her first outfit was for video games, the second was for table tops, the third was for cosplay.


Photobucket
This was the final mascot I made for Kcon, Mae. I still like this drawing even though it's animu up the wazoo. It's so clean. I think it's one of the last drawings I used the pen tool for. 30 different light sources much?


Enough with Kuzuricon, here is the portfolio I made that got me into art school. :B
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This is nuts, I've definitely improved at drawing. Maybe all of my loan debt is worth it?
And lol what is a vector? I don't have a lick of patience for that crap anymore. The orange, pink, blue one of the guy in the headband (Nate) won me some district cash prize in high school, whoop whoop.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This was a line of nerdy tee shirts I wanted to sell at Jafax.


Photobucket
I still think this is cute, it's the hair-volution of my "original character" Kumiko, the saddest Japanese girl ever. I still draw her all the time, but I never show anybody.
Proof of hair-volution:
Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
These are from way back when I had Xanga. Every once in a while I find these and then I'm just sad that I don't have my GBA SP anymore.

I guess that is enough old art dumping for me tonight. I love looking at my old drawings. Now I have to remember to never forget my photobucket password.
I'll leave you with this ridiculously anime super flattering Obi-Wan Kenobi/ Me fanart from around 2006:
Photobucket
BAWWWWWWW

No comments:

Post a Comment