Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nightmare + Job

I had an awful nightmare about 20 minutes ago. It was just the worst, weirdest thing. I hate nightmares more than anything. Especially ones that continue to give me the heeby-jeebies long after I have woken up.
Anyway. Time to shake it off. Hrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrb.
One good thing about waking up at 4AM was that I got an e-mail response to a freelance job from a job I applied for, illustrations for a card game. I have been in a slump and unable to sell my talents online for a while so this might be the boost I need. I need to do a 'test illustration', which I'm usually pretty wary about, but even if this turns out to be a scam, it is something to do, dammit, and I'll put it on my resume anyway. I'm so fracking bored.
I am ultra excited about Jafax, too. I am going to be selling commissions this year, something I have not done for a long, long time, and I really hope my not-anime style will still be palatable enough to the Jafax crowd that they will want to buy something. I have to make more than $60 to make a profit. Yikes! Two years ago I did original anime prints (not fan art) and did not do commissions, and I barely broke even, so we'll see what happens this year.
Anyhoo! It feels lame to post a journal entry without a picture so here is a pic of my business card for Jafax that I never uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment